10 January 2006

Meme?

Yikes, a meme here on Swiss Account! Here goes... Adriana made me do it! (And she doesn't even link to my blog. But then again, I don't link to anyone's blog, how boring am I?)

Four Jobs I've Had:
1. Global Employer Brand Manager at Pure Evil & Co.
2. Market Research Group Manager at Much Less Evil & Co.
3. Senior Research Analyst at Benign, Inneffectual & Bloated LLC.
4. Senior Consultant at Snooty Useless Boutique Agency

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
1. Swingers
2. Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulin
3. Pride & Prejudice - BBC w/ Colin Firth version (soon to be supplemented [but never replaced] by the new version w/ Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen)
4. Waiting for Guffman...tied with, Best In Show

Four Places I've Lived (last four in order)
1. Basel, Switzerland
2. Alpine, Utah
3. San Jose, California
4. Madison, Wisconsin

Four TV Shows I Love To Watch (should be more like 20, but I'll keep it down...to less than that - these are in no particular order, but do cover every cliche)
1. Sex & The City
2. CSI (Las Vegas)
3. Will & Grace (early seasons + John Cleese/Minnie Driver episodes)
4. 24
5. Black Books
6. Father Ted
7. Law & Order Criminal Intent
8. Oprah - miss her!
9. American Justice/City Confidential
10. History shows/documentaries of almost any kind
11. Friends - I admit it freely, I miss them
12. Coupling
13. Changing Rooms/Trading Spaces
14. Lost
15. What Not To Wear - US and BBC versions
TV is one of my hobbies, so sue me. Note that many of the above are no longer available to me. Poor, poor me.

Four Places I've Been on Vacation (my four favorites)
1. Bayeux, France
2. Lenk, Switzerland
3. Munich, Germany
4. Toronto, Canada

Four Blogs I Visit Daily
1.
What I made for Dinner
2.
DC Rush Hour
3.
Tofu Travelers
That's it - don't have a lot of blog time available, unfortunately

Four of My Favorite Foods
1. Cheese (Emmenthaler, and some random smoked cheese I get in Germany are my current favorites, but fresh mozarella is always included here as well...which then means tomatoes must also be included with this category)
2. Taco Bell (yes, absence does in fact make the heart grow fonder - I love to order things there with extra tomatoes and sour cream and then FULLY DROWN it in Border Hot sauce...oh lordy)

3. Nuesslisalat mit Ei und Speck (Lamb's lettuce/mache salad with eggs and lardons and fresh vinaigrette, and repetitive-stress-inducing-numbers of turns with the pepper mill...freshly and very coarsely [it must crunch when you eat it] ground - and only black pepper corns...I hate white pepper)
4. Massaman curry or Vindaloo (chicken, not lamb) - it's a tie

Places I'd Rather Be
1. Not at work
2. New York
3. Victoria Jungfrau spa in Interlaken Swizzyland
4. Oktoberfest - Munich (or Wirtshaus in der Au in Munich would also work)

Four Albums I Can't Live Without
1. The Who's Tommy, Broadway soundtrack
2. 'Til Tuesday, Everything's Different Now
3. Robbie Williams Greatest Hits
4. Tori Amos, Little Earthquakes

Vehicles I've Known and "Loved"
1. 1970-something Orange Toyota Corolla station wagon - complete with sparkly rainbow sticker in the back window and orange bandana w/ pins and stickers and roach clip hanging from rear-view mirror. Ah, 1982. It was so bright that it attracted the attention of any bird in the area, so it often had lots of doo-doos on it - earned me the nickname "Birdshit" in high school. Nice.
2. 1970-something bi-colored dull blue and white DATSUN (so old it wasn't even a Nissan, and I don't know the name of the model - I think it was a number of some kind) station wagon that looked like a '50s concept of a moon-mobile. Very Special Car. It backfired so loudly when you shifted gears that it often frightened people, and once caused a cyclist to hit a kerb and fall off his bike. Alas. The hubcaps looked kind of like flowers.
3. 1994 Charcoal Blue Honda Accord station wagon - "The Getter" - my favorite car of all time, well, tied for favorite. A peach of a car, a good friend, and really fit my mood and the time/location I was living. Perfection in a car, complete with full Yakima racks.
4. 2002 Fresco Green Volkswagen Passat station wagon (there seems to be a wagon theme here; indeed, right now we own a 2005 Subaru Impreza wagon). My best 'grown-up' car - purchased brand new and completely, fully loaded - couldn't have had more options than it did. Loved the AWD and the tiptronic shifting...and the heated seats. Loved that car.
5. Honorable mentions must go to: The red car my parents got me in high school - I can't remember what the brand name was, but it was shiny and sporty and had bold white stripes. Someone hit-and-runned it outside the Post Office and cut its life short. The very ancient Dodge Colt ('white' and possibly some other accent color, red vinyl interior) I drove for a while in college - had some funky shifty thing, next to the gear shift, that had 'power' or 'economy' as the options - no notable difference between the two. My parents' Toyota Tercel that I rammed the front end of - into my parents' other car, a two-for-one kind of nightmare. But hah! My brother, driving this same now-repaired Tercel, fell asleep at the wheel and rolled it - then drove it all the way home from the Bonneville Salt Flats in a sort of triangular shape, and with the windshield and other windows gone. Heheheh. And "Crash" - my other car I bought brand new, on a whim, and lived to regret it. It was a 2001 Honda Accord sedan (not wagon, first clue that there was a problem), and its two greatest claims to fame are, (1) it was involved in a broadside accident the day after I purchased it, and with only 100 miles on the odometer, and spent its first month of life in the shop, and (2) it was the fastest car I've ever owned. It was a V-6 w/ auto transmission, but even still, I could easily chirp the tires on it off the line at a light. It was fun to drive in California. But it was no replacement, sentiment-wise, for The Getter, which was sadly traded in for it. :-(

Four Taggees

1. Heather Evans (no blog)
2.
Janet
3. Jen, my sister (also no blog)
4.
Scott (theoretically, part of this blog)

That's enough for now!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, caught! Actually, my link function is a little funky. You were linked at one time.

I love how you follow taco bell with that fancy schmancy dish.

11 January, 2006 04:35  
Blogger Heather Richardson said...

Heather Evans Richardson:

Oh, thanks for picking meme! I’m just putting
this in the comments section of your blog, Di,
I don’t know how much space it will accept, so
I’ll keep my answers short instead of my usual
witty long winded self-introspective musings….

JOBS I’VE HELD

Bookseller at Waldenbooks
MTC Teacher (missionary training center, BYU)
Business world cog at Promedex and Countrywide
Relief teacher at Thai-Chinese International School

MOVIES I COULD WATCH OVER AND OVER

Sound of Music
You’ve Got Mail
Rushmore (actually anything Wes Anderson)
Running on Empty

PLACES I’VE LIVED

Utah (Salt Lake, Provo)
New York City ( Chelsea -19th and10th)
Asia (South Korea, Bangkok-Thailand)
California (Pasadena, Lake Forest)

TV SHOWS I WATCH

Jeopardy!
Sopranos
America’s Funniest Home Videos (the kids love it) (okay, I love it too)
Law & Order SVU
Runner up: CNN

FAVORITE PLACES I’VE BEEN ON VACATION

Cuba (honeymoon)
Egypt
SE Asia (Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia)
Southern Utah

BLOGS I VISIT

Diana’s blog
Adriana’s blog
B Hall’s blog
I like blogs! Give me suggestions…

FAVORITE FOODS

Thai Food
Indian Food (buffet style is best)
Chinese Food
Coca-Cola

PLACES I’D RATHER BE

Getting a massage in Koh Samui, Thailand
Extreme scrapbooking with my sister (in-laws) in St. George, UT
Just about any Broadway show’s audience
Machu Picchu (never actually been there but its on my list)

FOUR ALBUMS I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT
(so hard!! too many!!)

Radiohead - Ok Computer
U2 – All that you can’t leave behind
Cold Mountain Soundtrack
And yes, okay, The Whos Tommy Broadway Soundtrack. Love it!


CARS I’VE HAD

Blue 1983 VW Schirroco (used but reliable)
Foam Green 1991 VW Fox (BYUmobil)
Black 1997 VW Jetta (wedding gift from my folks)
And my current car – my 2002 Granite green Honda
Odyssey- next to my husband and kids this is the one
earthly object I spend the most time with, am closest to,
and depend the most on. It never lets me down. It has a
CD/radio for me, a DVD player with an 11’ screen and
headphones for the kids, automatic doors, and the seats
adjust perfectly. Also, our whole family plus one friend
can fit in it! I love it.

TAGGEES

I’m afraid I fail here, uh, maybe Carmen?
She doesn’t have a blog, but she does have
A password-protected website! Hi, Carm!

11 January, 2006 16:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Four Jobs I've Had:
1. SAHM (My favorite by far!)
2. Elderly care at assorted places
3. Camp counselor
4. High school Spec Ed aide

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
1. Return to Me
2. Princess Bride
3. Singles' Ward
4. PCU

Four Places I've Lived
1. Carson City, NV
2. Denali Park, AK
3. Provo, UT
4. Catalina Island, CA

TV Shows I Love To Watch
1. Without a Trace
2. CSI (Las Vegas)
3. Law & Order CI
4. 24 (Just starting to watch)
5. Oprah (only watch this about once every twom omnths)
6. HGTV & FOOD Network (but don't have cable, so rarely get to watch, but could almost watch them 24/7)
7. The Miss America 'pageant' (shamelessly LOVE to watch this!)

Five Places I've Been on Vacation (my four favorites)
1. Bayeux, France
2. Basel, Switzerland (and Grindelwald)
3. Denali Park, AK
4. NYC
5. Lake Tahoe

Four Blogs I Visit Occasionally
1. Swiss Account
2. Mormon Mommy Wars
3. Tales from the Crib
4. Chubby Girls Brigade

Four of My Favorite Foods
1. Cheese
2. steak
3. sweets of any kind
4. Thai food

4 Favorite Fast Food Places
1. In-N-Out Burger
2. Del Taco
3. Coldstone Creamery
4. McDonald's fries and parfaits

Places I'd Rather Be
1. Tahoe Tuesdays at Sand Harbor
2. Visiting Di in Switzerland
3. Alaska
4. camping at Grover Hot Springs

Four Albums I Can't Live Without
1. Cherie Call, He Gives Flowers to Everyone
2. John Denver, Wildlife Concert
3. Indigo Girls, 1200 Curfews
4. Styx, Greatest hits

Vehicles I've Known and "Loved"
1. Any that I've owned and don't need repairs...so none.
2. My HS friend, John's, 1969 VW Camper Bus. I really wanted that van!

4 Things You CAN'T Do One-Handed
1. Button and zip pants
2. Put your hair in a ponytail
3. Take a hot casserole out of the oven
4. Put on nylons or a girdle

4 Things You Surprisingly CAN do One-Handed
1. Put on/take off a bra (hint: do up the hooks on your 4 yr old no-wire bra first. Don't undo the hooks to remove the bra.)
2. Carry a recalcitrant 4 1/2 yo across the crosswalk while pushing the 3 yo in the stroller with your gut.
3. Open a childproof medicine cap (use your teeth)
4. Drive a stick

06 February, 2006 19:40  
Blogger Swizzies said...

It's worth noting that Jen (my sister) does in fact have two hands, but is temporarily without the use of the left one due to a strollerblading accident. Amazing how much you can type with one hand!

I couldn't put on any of my bras that way...

07 February, 2006 07:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know I'm not the only Robbie Williams fan around...for an American that amounts to a guilty pleasure (almost).
Sylvia

13 February, 2006 16:44  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Yay for new content & comments!

Glad you survived the gondola ride down, Di. I would totally have to be drugged for that. (And, as one particularly rough crossing to Catalina proved, sometimes the drugs can't counteract a violently pitching boat).

What's strollerblading? A new extreme sport for moms?

27 February, 2006 21:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>What's strollerblading? A new extreme sport for moms?

By the condition of my left wrist, you'd think so! But no. It's just rollerblading for chicken moms. The stroller provides great balance! (Unless you're trying to stop a wrist guard from falling off the top tray of the stroller while rolling down your front walk...)
Jen

03 March, 2006 21:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott here as requested

Four Jobs I've Had: (or more)
1. Hausmann (Trailing Spouse)(CH)
2. Golf Course Foreman (UT)
3. Open Space Technician (SF Bay Area)
4. A Special Place In Hell (CA)
5. Kayak Instructor (WI)
6. Park Ranger (NC , WV)

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
1. Full Metal Jacket
2. Topgun (I really like airplanes)
3. Bourne Idenity
4. Talented Mr. Ripley

Four Places I've Lived (Di covered the last four, I'll go prior to that)
1. Raleigh, NC
2. Thurmond, WV (look for that on a map)
3. Ypslianti, MI
4. Ocracoke Island, NC (Outerbanks)

TV Shows I Love To Watch
1. English language shows mainly
2. Top Gear
3. Weakest Link
4. Eurosport

Five Places I've Been on Vacation (my four favorites)
1. Bayeux, France
2. Switzerland
3. Munich, D
4. Quetico, Canada (Canoeing)
5. Alaska

Four Blogs I Visit Occasionally
1. Swiss Account
2. Don't look at any, should start

Four of My Favorite Foods
1. Spaghetti with homemade sauce
2. Pizza (Hawian)
3. Steak (US Steak)
4. French Toast

Places I'd Rather Be
1. Skiing
2. Boundary Waters/Quetico
3. Some nice beach with warm water
4.

Four Albums I Can't Live Without
1. I tend to download music now.
2. Jack Johnson (last album I bought)
Vehicles I've Known and "Loved"
1. "Yota" The Toyoata truck. Helped me move all my stuff around and run from Hurricanes.
2. "Roo" My first, but not last Subaru. Helped me first in cold snowy places, summered hauling boats (WI) Then the SFBay area Commutes, Then snowy places again (UT) Now resides with Jeff and Jen.
3. "Roo" Subaru Impreza Wagon helps us out in this cold snowy place hauling skiis and skiiers. Dogs have their own area in back.

14 March, 2006 16:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home