05 August 2008

meme mosaic

I am borrowing this meme from Janeannechovy, my SFFH sistah. It's a photo mosaic based on meme questions.

Here's the meme:

If you want to play too, type your answer to each of the questions below into a Flickr search. Using only the first page, choose your favorite image, then copy and paste each of the URL’s into the mosaic maker (3 columns, 4 rows). Leave a comment if you play, so I can see your results.

The questions:

1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you attend?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One word to describe you.
12. Your Flickr name (or something close--I don't have a flickr account, and usernames I use elsewhere turned up no results).

Like JA, I'm also gonna see if people can guess my search terms by looking at the photos. Now, please -- TRY to answer the questions without cheating and reading the photo credits I so righteously used. (And my sincere thanks and admiration to all the people who take these unbelievably beautiful photos. I spent a long time looking through them because they were so good.)

That was a more fun, creative meme than I've done in a long time. Even if it was using someone else's creativity. Ahem.

Photo credits:1. Villa Durazzo Pallavicini - Tempio di Diana, 2. Nachos, 3. Carson City Mint, 4. Orange mood, 5. Colin Firth revisited, 6. Deep blue something, 7. Kirstenbosch, 8. Roar! Jungle King, 9. I Love New York, 10. Untitled, 11. The Great Escape, 12. pretty swizzy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chilaquiles!! And I love the color palette on yours. Colin Firth was a close runnerup to BdT. It also looks like we have the same favorite drink.

Where is that vacation spot--I've never heard of it.

You want to be a New Yorker when you grow up?

Scott?

Runaway?

06 August, 2008 08:53  
Blogger Heather Richardson said...

Hello - here's my quick answers based on the photos and on living with you for three years....ooh, now i'm nervous...

1. Di
2. Nachos Grande Supreme
3. somwhere in Nevada (reno to be exact?)
4. Orange
5. Mr. Darcy
6. Water (based on JA's response)
7. hmmm..a lush island?
8. cupcakes
9. happy, or a New Yorker
10. Scott, because I think Rock Climbing is very butt-kicking
11. non-conformist

ask me to play this again when I actually get my little family blog up and running, ETA sometime in Fall '08

fun!

06 August, 2008 17:48  
Blogger Strollerblader said...

OK, so maybe I have an unfair advantage...
1. Diana
2. Taco Bell
3. CHS
4. Orange (like my shirt today)
5. Colin Firth (Have you seen Mamma Mia yet?!? A MUST see!!)
6. Sparkling lime water
7. Provence??
8. Cake
9. Free??
10. Scott
11. escapist?
12 Dee Dee

Fun meme.

06 August, 2008 18:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realise this is a bit of delayed reply, things have been quite busy here. Anyhoo...

Hehe...it was fun to see your guesses. Between the lot of you, you got most of them right or nearly right.

Here's the ones I did:

1. Diana
2. Tex-Mex food (or nachos, now I can't recall...but you were all so close, and your mere guesses made me drool. Sigh.)
3. CHS
4. Orange
5. Colin Firth
6. None of you got this one -- but I think that's not so surprising actually. Those blue bottles are sort of typical for prosecco. Though sparkling lime water is tied for first. :-D
7. That is Cape Town, SA
8. CAKE!!!
9. Happy
10. The Boy
11. Free (I think?)
12. Swizzies, of course! :-)

Thanks for playing!!

03 September, 2008 15:12  
Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Colin Firth. Yum.

These are all great. And you're right: a lot more oranges and yellows--just like you. Warm and sunshiny!

10 September, 2008 14:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home