CAKE!!!!
So a couple of weeks ago, it was my *mumble mumble* birthday. Bleah. BUT, oh my lord, The Boy went and got me a CAKE!! A CAKE!!!! I tell you.
There just isn't readily available cake here, you know with icing and all that? So he had to order it in advance (and pay a stupid ridiculous amount of money for it), and they're often meant for children so it had a Little Mermaid theme:

So it looks just like any garish crappy birthday cake with piles of cheap crappy icing (LOVE cheap crappy icing, btw), I know. But wow...SO good. It is not cheap crappy icing, it's Swiss buttercream (ie, made with butter and cooked meringue-y whipped egg whites). And there are three layers of vanilla buttercream inside the cake as well. And a yummy soft squishy melty vanilla cake in between. Nearly as much icing as cake. Damn, it was so good. And even though The Boy and I are notorious cake pigs, this one was actually so rich that it took us like a week to finish it all. (We didn't share it with anyone else LOL.) And I'm certain I gained at least a kilo just from this cake.
But oh was it worth it. *Drool*
Thanks, The Boy!! *Mwah*
There just isn't readily available cake here, you know with icing and all that? So he had to order it in advance (and pay a stupid ridiculous amount of money for it), and they're often meant for children so it had a Little Mermaid theme:

So it looks just like any garish crappy birthday cake with piles of cheap crappy icing (LOVE cheap crappy icing, btw), I know. But wow...SO good. It is not cheap crappy icing, it's Swiss buttercream (ie, made with butter and cooked meringue-y whipped egg whites). And there are three layers of vanilla buttercream inside the cake as well. And a yummy soft squishy melty vanilla cake in between. Nearly as much icing as cake. Damn, it was so good. And even though The Boy and I are notorious cake pigs, this one was actually so rich that it took us like a week to finish it all. (We didn't share it with anyone else LOL.) And I'm certain I gained at least a kilo just from this cake.
But oh was it worth it. *Drool*
Thanks, The Boy!! *Mwah*
11 Comments:
Di! I've been thinking about you since your birthday, but keep forgetting to send greetings. Lame, I know. I'm glad you at least had a marvelous cake!
It's funny that you love cake so much, when it's about the only dessert that I can take or leave.
See you soon!!!!! We had fresh-baked pain du chocolate (me and my bad French) this morning for breakfast in celebration of where we'll be in a month!!
I'll email soon with some ideas. I'm off to paint my bedroom.
Happy belated birthday! Awesome, awesome cake! It sounds divine. Quite the lovely birthday treat for a couple of notorious cake pigs (an utterly endearing turn of phrase).
oxox ME
How appropriate! A sweet cake for a sweetie like you!!!!!! (and you're kind of vanilla too, but thats okay :-) - but you're not a mermaid, okay, i'll stop now...)
kudos to you boy for knowing the way to Di's heart.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
Wait, you're *not* a mermaid?!? All this time I've been horribly wrong . . .
Happy Birthday!
Mmmmmmmmm, Swiss buttercream. I can only imagine. Yes. I will spend time imagining.
Cake, YUM!
Happy Birthday, Di!
Oh yum! I'm glad you got such a buttery good cake. Now I want some.
~Lis
So if the Swiss don't do birthday cake, then what *do* they do for birthdays?
ONE week!!
Holy Sugar Coma, Batman -- das schmeckt aber lecher!
Is a month after your birthday too late to qualify as a sincere birthday wish? I hope this counts: Happy Birthday, Di! Happy today and tomorrow, and may all your dreams come true.
Love, Phoebe
When you emerge from your cake coma, we'd love to hear from you again..:-)
Post a Comment
<< Home