16 February 2009

Let it snow...!

There has been a lot of snow in Switzerland this year, and it has also been generally butt-freezing cold here. Most of the snow has passed our town by, though we have gotten the odd centimeter or two. However, other areas have been completely buried in it.

Visitors to Our Fair Country last Autumn may recognize the town below:


No? How about this picture?


Do the words bunk beds ring a bell? *Snicker*

Airolo, the first town on the far side of the Gotthard Tunnel, got a whole meter of snow overnight! And the picture above is the hotel we stayed in the first night of our road trip with Jen and Jeff. To refresh your memories, here's what it looked like last Autumn:


Here's the train station with the town name right on it. I believe we purchased items at that very kiosk before it was buried in the drifts.


Here's hoping for an early Spring.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I haven't seen that much snow since the blizzard of ninety-something or other. Drought is hitting the Western Intermountain region pretty bad, so this picture makes me drool.

Did you get a snow day (off work) today?

- Phoebe

17 February, 2009 06:29  
Blogger Strollerblader said...

Wow! So where were you on your way to? And I'm assuming that you stayed at the hotel des alps again? Did you get the top bunk or the bottom?

Wish I was there!

17 February, 2009 17:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home