30 April 2007

Bless us St Gibby

This is the balcony of our hotel room in Interlaken, at The Mattenhof Resort and Funny Farm. Gibby is always fascinated by a balcony, and this one had intriguing cutouts just at his eye level. Scott leaned over and snapped his photo when Gibby was surveying the lay of the land, and he looks just like a religious icon to me. He'll hear your confessions and grant you absolution anytime - he's cheap too, one Schmacko and you're as good as Saved.

We have a four-day weekend here right now, with 1st of May being Labor Day here, and Monday being a "bridge" day. So we went to Interlaken on Saturday with some friends of ours, and stayed overnight. Scott went paragliding, which he's wanted to do for a long time now. He very much enjoyed it, but SOMEONE forgot the camera, so we won't have photos until later (the pilot took some of him in the air, will post them once we get them).

Here's a picture from our balcony at the hotel looking toward the mountains...

And if it weren't so misty, and my camera weren't pointed a bit far left, you'd see this mountain, the Jungfrau, looming right before your eyes like this...


Lovely, eh? We could see it the next morning, but the photos still didn't turn out that well. So I stole the above from the web somewhere, just to give you the general idea.

Here's a cute picture of Scott sleeping with Deedee in her dog bed at the hotel...


Now, for some older photos I didn't post yet. Our annual trip to Muerren to escape Fasnacht was good fun. Not many new views to show you - except Scott wanted to be sure to capture the view from the toilet. Yes, whilst sitting on the loo, here's what you'd see from our hotel room there:


Here's a picture of Lauterbrunnen, the town at the base of the moutain below Muerren. I snapped this whilst waiting for Scott to fetch the car from the parking lot:

Finally, here's a picture of a cute little kid in a black-and-white dog costume, which is a nice change from all the scary masks of Fasnacht. Notice how he's throwing his big bag of confetti everywhere - one of the big pleasures of Fasnacht apparently.


Cheers, kid! We'll be tracking that confetti everywhere for the next three months.

8 Comments:

Blogger Strollerblader said...

Yeah! A new post with pictures, no less! Thanks for sharing. Wish I was there. How does Oct 2008 sound?

30 April, 2007 20:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yes, whilst sitting on the loo, here's what you'd see from our hotel room there"

All I can say is, holy shit!

Looks dreamy. Ah Switzerland, we remember it well.

01 May, 2007 06:40  
Blogger Janet Kincaid said...

I wanna live somewhere where I have a view from the loo like that.

01 May, 2007 12:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously. I want to live there too. I would be in serious artist heaven if I could see that every day. Oooooooh Siiiiiiiigh.

Makes other shit seem unimportant, you know?

02 May, 2007 23:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that anonymous was none other than SML.

02 May, 2007 23:54  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

Wow, I disappear for a week and miss a new post.

Beautiful photos. Can St. Gibby absolve me for wanting to strangle practically everyone in my ward? God, I hope so.

Love A Loo With a View. That title would have made for a much different movie.

05 May, 2007 18:58  
Blogger Heather Richardson said...

And I was convinced I lived in the most beautiful place in the world...

09 May, 2007 05:08  
Blogger Swizzies said...

Hello, ladies - glad to see ya around. :-)

Strollerblader - you're welcome anytime! Would love another holiday excuse.

Hey A - You come on back, yeah? We'll get you a loo with a view too.

JMK - I will repeat myself again, heh. Come on over!

SML - Well, you too! You can paint your little heart out.

Hi ME - St Gibby is quite the miracle worker, unless it's windy or there's fireworks or thunder. Then he's a useless git.

Hi Hevans - The OC is hard to beat, but we do what we can. :-)

09 May, 2007 20:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home