12 August 2007

bicycling on the freeway

Scott and I went on a long bike ride today, on one of the very few warm sunny days we've had this year. We biked on both sides of the river and all around the place, and of course we brought our dogs along in their super-dee-dooper special dog trailer, which does get alot of attention. And the dogs enjoy riding around in the trailer a lot.

After meandering about the place for a couple of hours, we opted to cross back over to our side of the Rhein over a bridge that's just south of our neighborhood. It's also a bridge for the freeway. Yes, there is a bike lane on the freeway. So we took the freeway on our bike ride. Such fun. It's the little things, people.

Yesterday, a friend and I took a day trip to Heidelberg, Germany, where we had lunch at Pizza Hut for that genuine American experience. Then we went to a best-kept-secret outlet shopping place where I found two great, cheap pairs of shoes, two sweaters for winter, and a shirt for now. It was really good fun.

6 Comments:

Blogger Blue Cheese said...

Sounds lovely. I can picture you guys toodling along with the kids in tow . . .

13 August, 2007 17:14  
Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Wish I'd been there. This sounds lovely...

16 August, 2007 09:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome...

16 August, 2007 17:50  
Blogger hm-uk said...

Good god, you've got the Cadillac of the dog trailers! How FANTASTIC!! Our poor girl has to limp along like the silly little rescued bitch that she is...awww.

Can't wait til November. Can't wait til November.

05 September, 2007 21:26  
Blogger Heather Richardson said...

Helloooo (echo: hellooo helloo)
is there anybody in there?
just blog if you can here me...
is there anyone at all?

26 September, 2007 07:44  
Blogger Swizzies said...

What!?! I have a demanding reader?! That's so amazing, that it has forced me to BLOG. Whoa.

26 September, 2007 21:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home