Aaaaand here's the other deal...Part II
I am unemployed...almost.
Well, I sorta quit my job. WITHOUT ALREADY HAVING ANOTHER ONE OMG MY DAD IS ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE. This happened over a year ago, during a major restructuring/ layoff program here, which I was part of (but kinda with my consent, long story -- suffice to say, I wasn't "fired for cause" as they say, or anything like that). While I was still working out my notice period, I was asked by another department to cover a maternity leave in their group. As I like the managers and colleagues in that group, and also that area of the business, I agreed. That temporary job went really well, was enjoyed by me and by the company. However, it ends as of next week.
I will be happy to be unemployed for a bit, I need the break! And given how things here are set up, I can either do a full-time job search and collect unemployment benefits, or perhaps freelance and/or work another short-term and/or part-time contract. We have options here, because benefits are not tied to a job -- so our great health insurance continues as always. We have savings for situations such as this, so things should be just fine.
Of course, I will keep you posted as and when things happen -- but don't hold your breath. I'm on sabbatical! :-)
Well, I sorta quit my job. WITHOUT ALREADY HAVING ANOTHER ONE OMG MY DAD IS ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE. This happened over a year ago, during a major restructuring/ layoff program here, which I was part of (but kinda with my consent, long story -- suffice to say, I wasn't "fired for cause" as they say, or anything like that). While I was still working out my notice period, I was asked by another department to cover a maternity leave in their group. As I like the managers and colleagues in that group, and also that area of the business, I agreed. That temporary job went really well, was enjoyed by me and by the company. However, it ends as of next week.
I will be happy to be unemployed for a bit, I need the break! And given how things here are set up, I can either do a full-time job search and collect unemployment benefits, or perhaps freelance and/or work another short-term and/or part-time contract. We have options here, because benefits are not tied to a job -- so our great health insurance continues as always. We have savings for situations such as this, so things should be just fine.
Of course, I will keep you posted as and when things happen -- but don't hold your breath. I'm on sabbatical! :-)
6 Comments:
(sound of my jaw dropping to the ground) wow!
So I'm glad you're getting a break and a chance to think about what's next without the pressure of health insurance etc. Enjoy!
Whoa! Sounds lovely, actually.
And you're just now mentioning it?
Will you stay or will you go now?
Hmmm...sounds like a great time to take a trip to the Western States...
Best wishes!!
Thanks Adriana and Blue Cheese! A break is just what the doctor ordered I'm sure. :-)
Jen -- I didn't want to talk about it until I wanted to talk about it, know what I mean? We are still talking about a US trip, it is not out of the question. :-)
Disneyland Dec 2-5... Mom and Nolan are planning on joining us, too.
Enjoy your time to relax!!
I should read here more often! Wow. That's some news.
Congrats on taking a break whilst figuring out what's next. (Am insanely jealous of your time off).
Post a Comment
<< Home