19 October 2007

The Boy

Here are a few reasons why I love The Boy, the most. This is not an exhaustive list.

He is one of the best people I know. Genuine, caring, kindhearted, totally ethical.

He is funny and cracks me up; plus, he laughs at my dumb jokes.

He understands when I'm so tired from work and talking at work all day that I don't want to talk or hear talking - he doesn't take it personally. Sometimes, he even stops talking for a while while I am feeling that way. ;-)

He does nice stuff for our friends, even when it's totally not convenient or fun for him at all.

He is open minded and smart, and not conceited at all. He approaches life in a slightly different way that is uniquely him. It is so cool.

He's gone from being a heater-upper to a pretty damn good cook in a short time - and he cooks lovely dinners for me all the time.

He takes really, really good care of me - he does just everything to make my life easier. I couldn't do it without him.

He is a most excellent pet parent - our dogs are the most beloved, but not overly coddled, dogs out there. And our cat was surely snatched back from the brink of death through his sheer will power and determination.

He's helping a friend build a treehouse for his kids.

He renovated his old bike so I can use it, and he keeps making further adjustments so that it will be even better for me.

(No offense to dear family and friends, but...) He was never a Mormon.

Even though he is aware down to the ounce how much he weighs on any given day, and is frequently bothered about maintaining his boyish figure, he does not ever say (or even think, as far as I can tell) anything about my weight or figure.

He's a babe, and he always looks cute in or out of his clothes.

He encourages me when I'm down and out; he helps me try new things. He doesn't EVER say anything remotely negative or discouraging when I am NOT up for trying something new.

He indulges my extreme lack of ability to deal with temper flares of any kind, and he keeps his anger in check 99% of the time. The anger he does have is pretty mild and nonlethal. He doesn't hate on me or kick me out of the car when I say poky things at him when he is a little, um, angry.

He doesn't yell at me. Ever. EVER. And I don't yell at him either. That is perfect, and just what I wanted.

He seems to really understand me and my bizarre needs; I hope I do the same for him.

B-O-Y, I love ya rotten. :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

I've said it before and I'll say again: you really did land the very best guy ever. The two of you together are my favorite couple. EVER.

The Boy ROCKS! (And so do you.)

20 October, 2007 00:24  
Blogger Heather Richardson said...

from the first report I received from Carmen (who met him before I did) she said 'He is PERFECT for her" - to attending your beautiful wedding in the mountains (on my own beloved's 30th birthday!) - to experiencing glimpses of your life together over the years - I feel that Scott was such an amazing gift that came into your life (and you into his) - it is so nice to hear you put it in words. I've thought often and said it once or twice that I really wish I could get to know him, and you two as a couple, better. Scott, thank you so much for being so much to my dear friend Di.

20 October, 2007 03:02  
Blogger Mary Ellen said...

A totally cool love letter to The Boy. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful things about him. He's exceptionally groovy, all right. I really enjoy spending time with you both when I've had the chance (and wish it was far more often).

You both rock!

oxox ME

22 October, 2007 00:19  
Blogger Strollerblader said...

Scott is a definite score! What an awesome post. Now I'm feeling like I should write an ode to my man, too.

Three cheers for good men to temper us [maiden name] women!! And woe to any man who tries to yell at us -- or even THINK about road rage!!

22 October, 2007 21:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite Swiss Account post ever. Smooches to you both.

23 October, 2007 00:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, having met the boy myself I have to agree with your portait. You got the man you deserve!

30 October, 2007 04:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home