Happy Christmas, everyone!

This picture is from a couple years ago, but is a still-accurate view of the Basel Christmas market, or Weihnachtsmarkt. This year it's not rainy or snowy, but sunny and COLD. We're staying in quite a bit because we're (read: I'm) wimpy that way. But I did manage to take a quick trip round the market this week, just to make sure I didn't miss out on anything I had to have. I didn't.
It's been a quick year, don't you think? I love Christmastime as always, but not with the excitement and magic I did as a child. That said, The Boy got us a lovely tall tree and put the lights on it, and we put up our ornaments and our silver star, et voila -- Christmas arrived in our apartment! We have a number of wrapped presents underneath, and more to come. So no complaints there.
For Christmas Eve, we're going over to some friends' house for dinner (fondue) and probably a midnight mass. On Christmas Day, we'll go to some other friends' house for conversation and dinner. We're looking forward to both.
As for other activities, well, we're keeping it low-key. Staying in town and hanging out and relaxing quite a bit, getting geared up for 2008.
We wish all our dear friends and family a very Merry Christmas, and a wonderful new 2008!!
With much love,
The Swizzies
5 Comments:
Wow--that looks so storybook-perfect! Have a wonderful holiday.
Your winter wonderland plans look and sound perfect - fondue sounds sooo wonderful and decandent. enjoy!
Merry Christmas to you all!
Hey, we have that same lovely photo in our living room at this very minute! So nice and Christmasy! We had some yummy fondue (thanks, Trader Joe's!) with sourdough last week. The kids didn't love it, but hey, more for us! We thought of you while we ate it. We look forward to seeing you in October!!
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas Di and Scott! We miss you!
David, Shannon & kids
Lovely photo. Low-key holiday plans are groovy. I'm with you--stay inside reading where it's warm. Other people can have that snow trekking business. How long does Basel look like a Christmas display?
Merry Christmas!
oxox ME
Post a Comment
<< Home